Students from other educational institutions that fall under the scope of the Act relating to Universities and University Colleges can apply for a transfer to Østfold University College. A separate application form must be submitted in order to transfer from another educational institution to Østfold University College.
- The deadline for applying for a transfer is normally 1 March.
- Application form
You must have completed the first year of study in the relevant programme. Transfers cannot take place in the middle of an academic year.
If you have any questions regarding transfer, contact the department responsible for the programme.
Transfers are regulated in the Regulations for Admission to Study Programmes at Østfold University College, Section 21:
Section 21 Transfer to Østfold University College with effect from the second year of first degree programmes
1. It is possible to apply for transfer from a programme at another educational institution to a corresponding programme at Østfold University College without going via the Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service.
2. It is possible to apply for such transfer with effect from the second year of a programme.
3. The applicant must be registered as an active student at, or have valid leave of absence from, another educational institution when the application is submitted.
4. Applicants must document satisfactory academic progress and the academic qualifications required to begin in the year of the programme to which a transfer is applied for.
5. There must be sufficient concordance between the programme models at the educational institution from which a transfer is applied for and the programme at Østfold University College to which a transfer is applied for.
6. There must be a vacant place on the programme and in the programme year to which a transfer is applied for.
7. A competitive points total is normally required that is at least equal to the points limit for admission to the programme in the last admission round. The Dean can decide to grant dispensation from this requirement if the applicant has achieved good results, normally at least an average grade of C, so far in the programme from which a transfer is applied for. The Dean can also decide to grant dispensation from the requirement if particularly weighty and documented grounds exist for the application for a transfer.
8. Applicants who have been granted admission on the basis of prior learning and work experience must apply for ordinary admission to the whole programme through the Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service, and then apply for recognition of completed courses if they are offered admission.
9. Internal transfers between programmes at Østfold University College with the same admission requirements and sufficient concordance between the programme models can be granted by the local academic affairs department if there is a vacant place on the programme to which a transfer is desired.
10. The application deadline for transferring to Østfold University College is 1 March. Applications received after this deadline may be considered if there is a vacant place on the programme and in the programme year to which a transfer is applied for and there is no waiting list of applicants who applied before the deadline.
11. Applications will normally be answered within the ordinary application deadline for the Norwegian Universities and Colleges Admission Service. An offer may be made on the condition that exams and/or practical training taken in the spring semester are passed (conditional transfer).