Practical training and travel advice
Regarding the gradual reopening of the university college we have made adjustments to the original website related to the coronasituation. This site contains information about practical training and travel advices for the spring semester 2020. For updated information related to the autumn semester 2020 – please go to the original website related to the coronasituation.
The Ministry of Education and Research has changed the rules for higher education practices after the Corona outbreak. Now, the universities and university colleges are getting more flexible in how they conduct practice for the students.
Read Government Updates (only in Norwegian)
As a student, you will receive information on how your practice will change when this has been decided by your department. This also applies to future practice periods. Updated information regarding this will be sent out via email and posted in Canvas when available.
Practical training for students in the Faculty of Education
- All daycares and schools are now closed. Practical training for Early Childhood Education students and for teacher training students is also cancelled, also in schools and daycares that are not fully closed.
If you are a student from the Faculty of Education and have questions regarding your practical training, contact korona-informasjon-LU@hiof.no.
Practical training for students in the Faculty of Health and Welfare and in the Faculty of Engineering
- For those in traineeships at a health institutions, you should follow the instructions provided by the practical training provider.
- Students in high-risk groups with documentation from their doctor should not participate in practical training
- Anyone that is ill should remain home
- Primary care givers for children under the age of 12 can be home
- All future traineeships within the health sector are now postponed until further notice. Updated information regarding this will be sent out via email and posted in Canvas when available.
If you are student from the Faculty of Health and Welfare and have questions regarding your practical training, contact korona-informasjon-HV@hiof.no.
If you are a student from the Faculty of Engineering and have questions regarding your practical training, contact korona-informasjon-IR@hiof.no.
Staff and students who are currently abroad
Please read information and advice about the coronavirus situation from Norwegian authorities regarding travelling in or out of Norway.
There you will find FAQ about travel, quarantine/isolation and other necessary information. If you ar an exchange student or a student from another country, don't hesitate to contact International office.
Are you currently traveling in a high-risk area:
- Following the instructions of the local authorities
- We encourage everyone to follow the travel advice of the Ministry of Foregin Affairs. The Ministry currently advises no travel to the Hubei-province unless absolutely necessary. Travelers should keep up-to-date on the Ministry’s travel advice and with news of the virus as the situation is under constant and swift development.
- Do not hesitate to seek medical attention if you do not feel well. It is recommended that you contact your doctor or medical center via telephone before meeting up in person.
- Østfold University College has an emergency response agreement with Sjømannskirken (Norwegian Church Abroad). This agreement is for both students and staff. Sjømannskirken has a global network of staff with a long tradition of helping Norwegians abroad deal with issues both large and small.
Students and staff that have planned trips in connection with work or study
- There is to be no domestic or international travel as of 10 March and until further notice. All planned research stays are to be cancelled or postponed.
- No students planning on starting an international exchange programme after 10 March should travel until otherwise notified. Students planning on traveling later in the semester should contact the International Office for more information.
- HiOF will not accept any new exchange students from abroad starting 10 March and in effect until otherwise informed.
- External international guest lecturers/researchers are not to come to HiOF until given further notice.
- Students and staff that live in border areas will experience difficulties crossing the border now that the Norwegian government has decided to close the border. Please refer to the national guidelines for border regions. Courses and lectures can still be completed even if you cannot be present on-campus.