Students from EU/EEA countries
Students from an EU/EEA country do not need to apply for a study permit. However, you must register and book an appointment with the police using the UDI Application Portal either just before or upon arrival in Norway.
You will need to go to the Immigration Office in Sarpsborg at the agreed date and time:
Immigration Office Grålum
Rådmann Siras vei 4
Please bring the following documents:
- A printout of your online registration
- A valid identity card or passport
- Your letter of admission from Østfold University College
- Your European Health Insurance Card or a private health insurance
- A personal declaration stating that you have sufficient funds to support yourself. This can be a letter you write yourself.
A registration certificate will be sent by post to your Norwegian address.