I am taking a digital written exam at home –Spring 2020
Here’s a guide to what you need and what you need to do in order to take a digital written exam from home in Inspera Assessment.
What is a digital written home exam?
A digital written home exam is taken in Inspera, and can consist of different types of questions:
- Multiple Choice
- Text entries
- Drag and drop
- Or a combination of different questions
Before the examination
In order to take a digital written exam from home, you need the following:
- A laptop (PC or MAC)
- Your FEIDE username and password (Contact IT-support if you need a new password)
- It is important that you remember your FEIDE username and password, and that you are able to log in to Inspera Assessment using different browsers. You will not get any extra time if you start your exam late because you have forgotten your password or need to change it.
- Access to a wireless network
Take a demo test before the exam
Before you are taking a digital written home exam, it is wise to familiarize yourself with the functionality in Inspera Assessment and making sure everything works the way it should. This is done by taking a demo test.
How to take a demo test
- Log in to Inspera Assessment with your FEIDE username and password
- Click on «Demo tests»
- Choose “DEMO test of functionality WITHOUT Safe Exam Browser”
- Click «Click here to get ready".
- Click "Start the test".
- Try out the different types of questions, familiarize yourself with the tool bars and get to know Inspera Assessment. You can take the demo test as many times as you want, and your answers or results are not saved.
PS: It is wise to take the demo test in good time before the day of the examination.
On the day of the examination
You will find your exam date and time on Studentweb.
- When you are ready, log in to Inspera Assessment with your FEIDE username and password.
- Your answers is automatically and frequently saved in Inspera Assessment while the exam is ongoing.
- When you are submitting your final answers, it is important that you are connected to the internet.
- Technical support is available while the exam is ongoing.
- Extended time: If you have been granted extended time on your exams, the extra time will automatically be added in Inspera.
After the exam
When the exam is finished, you can find your exam answers under ARCHIVE in Inspera Assessment
Help and support:
Exams Halden: email@example.com
Exams Fredrikstad: firstname.lastname@example.org
It support: email@example.com (For technical support)