Camilla BuzziFaculty of Health and Welfare
- Human rights, human rights defenders and human rights activism, international social work.
- Topics related to peace and conflict.
- Comparative politics, Southeast Asia and Myanmar area focus.
- Discourse and discourse analysis, qualitative research methods.
- Faculty member, Bachelor in Social work.
- Course coordinator, HSBSO30211 Social work in the tension between individual and society
- Course coordinator (social work), HSBSO30417, Specialisation - Bachelor thesis in social work.
I am a political scientist with a PhD in in Human Rights and Peace Studies from the Institute for Human Rights and Peace Studies at Mahidol University, Thailand and a graduate degree (Cand.polit.) in political science from the University of Oslo.
I have worked in development aid and with advocacy, i.a. as a former coordinator for PD Burma, a former adviser in development policy and a country program manager for Myanmar for Norwegian Church Aid.
- Buzzi, Camilla & Chit, Khin Chit (2018). Children’s rights and tourism in Myanmar: Responsibilities of businesses, In Thi Thanh Hai Nguyen & Thi Minh Huong Ngo (ed.), Children’s Rights in the Tourism Industry – Incidence and Implications in Vietnam and Myanmar. Hong Duc Publishing House. ISBN 9786048964016. Kapittel. s 134 - 164
- Buzzi, Camilla (2016). The Human Rights Report as Discursive Genre: Evolving Discourses in Human Rights Activism in Myanmar/Burma, 1988–2011. Alternatives: Global, Local, Political. ISSN 0304-3754. 41(4), s 214- 230 . doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0304375417714926
- Buzzi, Camilla & Graff Jensen, Marte (red.) (2006). Fanger i eget land/Prisoners in our own country. Unipax. ISBN 9788281520080. 156 s.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2017). Story of the Hai Lee –A Glimpse into Norway-Myanmar Relation and Norwegian Shipping in Asia (translated into Burmese). The Myanmar Quarterly. 1(2)
- Buzzi, Camilla (2016). Struggling with Democracy –Discourses and Practices of Human Rights Activism in Myanmar/Burma, 1988-2011. Thesis submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Human Rights and Peace Studies), Faculty of Gradual Studies, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2015). Har Norge tatt for mye Møllers tran?. Bistandsaktuelt. ISSN 1501-0201.
- Buzzi, Camilla; Hayes, Mike & Mullen, Matt (2012). Education in Transition: A Preliminary Study of Capacity Development for Civil Society Actors in Burma/Myanmar.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2011). Lessons from the Burmese Struggle. The Irrawaddy.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2011). Norway-Burma Relations: Is Hydropower the way to go?. The Irrawaddy.
- Buzzi, Camilla & Kolås, Åshild (2010). India-Burma Relations Hitting a Dead End?. The Irrawaddy.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2009). Myth of the Democratizing Middle Class (reprinted as: "Norwegian Minister Indulges in the Myth of a Democratizing Middle Class",6.12.2014 ). The Irrawaddy.
- Buzzi, Camilla & Kolås, Åshild (2009). Suverenitetens grenser. Ny Tid. ISSN 0809-9049.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2008). Burmas Saffranrevolusjon. I: NUPI - Hvor Hender Det?.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2006). I Sin fars fotspor –Aung San Suu Kyi, I: Camilla Buzzi & Marte Graff Jensen (red.), Fanger i eget land/Prisoners in our own country. Unipax. ISBN 9788281520080. Kapittel.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2003). The ethnopolitics of democratisation : democratisation, nationality policy and ethnic relations in Burma 1948-1962.
- Buzzi, Camilla (2001). Twelve years after 1988: A common future? -Scenarios of transition in Burma.