Klaudia CarcaniFaculty of Computer Sciences
- Design of healthcare technologies that enhance patient empowerment, with the focus in the rehabilitation process of patients facing cognitive impairments.
PhD project: Co-designing technology for patient’s empowerment in cognitive rehabilitation
A joint research initiative between Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital, and Høgskolen i Østfold (HiØ). The project aims are: 1) investigate through use of participative design methods how a technological solution can strengthen patient empowerment in the context of cognitive rehabilitation and 2) develop new participatory design practices, which by taking into consideration the specific characteristics and needs of people with cognitive impairments, urge their active involvement in the co-design process within the group and with other actors.
Project timeline: March 2017 - March 2021
- Design Methods, Bachelor of Digital Media and Design - Fall, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Interaction Design, Master of Computer Science - Fall, 2019
She is doing research and lecturing at the Faculty of Computer Science.
Has a major in Business Informatics with a further specialisation through master studies in Information System in Business Development and Operational Research in Management. Have been working in different companies in designing new innovative and customised IT solution for different contexts such as logistic systems, customer care systems, geographical information systems and project management systems. Current research interest is the design of healthcare technologies with a focus on the rehabilitation process of patients facing acquired brain injuries in a joint research initiative with Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital. Research interest especially in Participatory Design, Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Human-Computer Interaction.
- Carcani, Klaudia & Holone, Harald (2019). A Participatory Design “Method Story”: The Case of Patients Living With Mild Acquired Cognitive Impairments, In Uttam Kokil & Tomoko Ota (ed.), ACHI 2019, The Twelfth International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions. International Academy, Research and Industry Association (IARIA). ISBN 978-1-61208-686-6. KAPITTEL. Show summary
- Carcani, Klaudia & Holone, Harald (2018). Boundary Objects or Coordination Mechanisms?. IRIS Selected Papers of the Information Systems Research Seminar in Scandinavia. ISSN 1891-9863.
- Carcani, Klaudia & Mörtberg, Christina (2018). Enhancing engagement and participation of seniors in society with the use of social media - The case of a reflective participatory design method story. ID&A Interaction design & architecture(s). ISSN 1826-9745. (36), s 58- 74 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Carcani, Klaudia; Wachek Hansen, Veronica & Maartmann-Moe, Harald (2018). Exploring Technology Use in Dance Performances, In Masaaki Kurosu (ed.), Human-Computer Interaction. Interaction in Context. Springer Nature. ISBN 978-3-319-91244-8. KAPITTEL. Show summary
- Carcani, Klaudia & Holone, Harald (2019). A Participatory Design “Method Story”: The Case of Patients Living With Mild Acquired Cognitive Impairments.
- Carcani, Klaudia; Wachek Hansen, Veronica & Maartmann-Moe, Harald (2018). Exploring Technology Use in Dance Performances. Show summary