Thi Thuy Nga DinhFaculty of Computer Sciences
R & D interests
- IoT connectivity, Smart home, Embedded systems, Wireless Sensor Networks
- Quality of user experience / Quality of service (QoE / QoS)
- Energy Efficiency, Energy Harvesting, Wireless Power Transfer.
- Network resource management
- Wireless technologies: 5G, Zigbee, BT, BLE, WiFi, LoRaWAN, LWM2M Specification, Thread
- Wireline standards: XG-PON, NG-PON, EPONs
- Development: RTOS, embedded Linux, IoT platform, device management, sensor framework
Nga Dinh got her Ph.D. degree from the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Korea in 2009. After graduation, she worked as a Member of Technical Staff at Bell Labs, Seoul location and then as a senior engineer at the Software Center, Samsung Electronics (Korea). She also worked with few universities. Nga Dinh is currently an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Computer Sciences, Østfold University College, Norway.
Her works focus on wireless technologies that can be used for IoT devices (Zigbee, BT, BLE, Thread, 5G, LoRaWAN etc..); energy informatics, wired / wireless standards, and network optimizations. She is interested in development tasks, and experimental research.
- Associate Professor, Østfold University College, Norway (Sep. 2019 - present)
- Adjunct Associate Professor, The Arctic University of Norway (UiT), Norway (Sep. 2019- present)
- Senior Engineer, Samsung Electronics, Korea
- Member of Technical Staff, Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs, Seoul location.
- The Arctic University of Norway, Norway
- Abbas, Khurshid; Chockalingam, Sabarathinam; Dinh, Nga & Katta, Vikash (2020). A Prototype Tool for Distinguishing Attacks and Technical Failures in Industrial Control Systems. Norsk Informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse (NISK). ISSN 1893-6563. 13 Show summary
- Dinh, Nga & Ha, Hoai Phuong (2019). Advanced GTS Scheduling in IEEE 802.15.4 Networks for Industrial Application, In Joonhyuk Kang (ed.), Proceedings of the 16th IEEE Annual Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC). IEEE. ISBN 978-1-5386-5553-5. CCNC. s 1 - 4
- Dinh, Nga (2019). Resource Management for IEEE 802.15.4-based Smart HAN in Smart Grid.
- Dinh, Thi Thuy Nga & Ha, Hoai Phuong (2019). Cooperative Energy Harvesting Approach in Wireless Technologies.
- Dinh, Thi Thuy Nga & Ha, Hoai Phuong (2018). Resource Management for Improving Performance of IEEE 802.15.4-Based Home Automated Systems.
- Dinh, Thi Thuy Nga & Ha, Hoai Phuong (2018). Resource Management for Improving Performance of IEEE 802.15.4-Based Home Automated Systems, In GLOBECOM 2018. IEEE Communications Society. ISBN 978-1-5386-4920-6. KAPITTEL.
- Dinh, Nga; Madan Kanth, Lanka; Dwarka Prasad, Dayama; Markus, Jung; Ashok Babu, Channa; Naga Ashok Babu, Jampani; Ji-Hun, Ha & So-Young, Youn (2017). Terminal device and control method therefore.
- Dinh, Nga; P.N, Anthapadmanabhan & Anwar, Walid (2017). Optical Network Element and Method of Operating an Optical Network Element.
- Dinh, Nga & Sangsoon, Lim (2017). Device for wireless network and computer readable recording medium including communication method thereof.
- Dinh, Nga & Sangsoon, Lim (2017). Devices for a wireless network system and communication methods thereof.
- Anthapadmanabhan, N. Prasanth; Dinh, Nga; Walid, Anwar & Wijngaarden, Adriaan (2013). Analysis of a probing-based cyclic sleep mechanism for passive optical networks.
- Jie, Li; Chien Aun, Chan; Ka-Lun, Lee; N. Prasanth, Anthapadmanabhan; Dinh, Nga & Peter, Vetter (2013). Method and Apparatus for Managing Data Transmission In A Communication Network.