Cathrine LinnesFaculty of Computer Sciences
Cathrine Linnes, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor at the Computer Science Department at Østfold University College, Norway. Dr. Linnes has been a faculty member and program chair at Hawaii Pacific University, faculty member at Southern New Hampshire University, and faculty member at Kapiolani Community College in the United States. She holds several years of industry experience.
- ITI46518 - Scientific Method and Theory
- ITL31017 - Business Intelligence
- ITVBIGD118 - Big Data and Analytics
- ITF301416 - Big Data: Processing and Analysis
- ITI40614 - Thesis Paper - Advisor
- Ph.D. Information Systems
- Master of Science in Information Systems, MSIS
- Master of Business Administration, MBA
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Graduate Certificate: Distance Education
- Distinguished Fellow - International Academy of Business, 2017
- Golden Apple – Distinguish Graduate Teacher of the Year, 2015
- Recognized as one of Hawaii´s top tech leaders, 2008
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon - International President, Member Executive Council
- ACM-ICPC - Staff Member
- International Academy of Business - Incoming President
- Agrusa, Jerome; Linnes, Cathrine; Lema, Joseph & Metcalf, Brian (2018). Data Mining in Film Tourism. International Journal of Economics and Business. ISSN 1948-5166. 6(1-2), s 51- 69 Full text in Research Archive. Show summary
- Metcalf, Brian; Linnes, Cathrine; Agrusa, Jerome & Lema, Joseph (2018). Film Tourism in Norway: The Effect Fictional Characters Have on Tourism. International Business & Economics Research Journal. ISSN 1535-0754. 17(2), s 21- 34
- Linnes, Cathrine (2017). Let´s Talk SMAC: The Status of Business Today, In Sajad Rezaei (ed.), Apps Management and E-Commerce Transactions in Real-Time. IGI Global. ISBN 978-1-5225-2449-6. 1. s 1 - 25
- Linnes, Cathrine & Metcalf, Brian (2017). iGeneration and Their Acceptance of Technology. International Journal of Management & Information Systems. ISSN 1546-5748. 21(2), s 11- 26 . doi: 10.19030/ijmis.v21i2.10073
- Linnes, Cathrine; Metcalf, Brian & Shahijan, Milad (2017). The Future of Apps: A Smart Investment for Business, In Sajad Rezaei (ed.), Apps Management and E-Commerce Transactions in Real-Time. IGI Global. ISBN 978-1-5225-2449-6. 14. s 293 - 313
- Linnes, Cathrine (2016). E-tools for E-team: The Importance of Social Ties and Knowledge Sharing, In Matt Graham (ed.), Strategic Management and Leadership for Systems Development in Virtual Spaces. IGI Global. ISBN 978-1-4666-9688-4. 6. s 90 - 109
- Metcalf, Brian; Linnes, Cathrine; Agrusa, Jerome & Lema, Joseph (2015). Do You Want To Build a Snowman in Norway? The Impact of Disney's Movie on Norwegian Tourism. APTA Conference Proceeding. ISSN 2092-5549. s 395- 404
- Metcalf, Brian; Linnes, Cathrine; Agrusa, Jerome & Lema, Joseph (2015). Do you Want to Build a Snowman in Norway: The Impact of Disney's Frozen Movie on Norwegian Tourism. APTA Conference Proceeding. ISSN 2092-5549. s 199- 203
- Linnes, Cathrine (2014). College Student Perception of Electronic Textbooks Usage. American Journal of Information Technology. ISSN 1943-7498. 3(2), s 21- 39
- Linnes, Cathrine; Agrusa, Jerome; Lema, Joseph & Lam, Wendy (2014). Technology in Hospitality: The Impact of Social Media on Hawaii's Hotel. APTA Conference Proceeding. ISSN 2092-5549. s 242- 243
- Linnes, Cathrine; Kowalski, Paul; Lema, Joseph; Lam, Wendy & Agrusa, Jerome (2014). Social Media and Technology: The Influence on Hawaii´s Hotels. Consortium Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. ISSN 1535-0568. 19(2), s 54- 73
- Stigberg, Susanne Koch; Karlsen, Joachim; Holone, Harald & Linnes, Cathrine (ed.) (2017). Nordic Contributions in IS Research - 8th Scandinavian Conference on Information Systems, SCIS 2017, Halden, Norway, August 6-8, 2017. Proceedings. Springer. ISBN 978-3-319-64694-7. 155 s.
- Linnes, Cathrine (2019). Learning by Competing.
- Linnes, Cathrine; Agrusa, Jerome & Lema, Joseph (2018). Use of Social Media in Tourism.
- Linnes, Cathrine; Lema, Joseph; Agrusa, Jerome & Johansen, Frode Ramstad (2018). A Network Analysis a Perspective on a Tourist Destination.
- Linnes, Cathrine & Narendra, Rustagi (2018). Effective E-collaboration: Lesson Learned.
- Linnes, Cathrine (2017). Big Data Technologies.
- Linnes, Cathrine (2017). Impact of Social Media on Society.