The research of the Faculty of Education covers different topics relevant for our education programmes. We have extensive research and development work / artistic development work. The main part of the work is collected in the department's interdisciplinary research groups.
- Mulitlinguism and Education - Contact Ragnar Arntzen
- ICT in Teaching and Learning - Contact Irina Engeness
- Breaking boundaries: Creativity, art and innovation in Education, Practice and Research - Contact Kristine Høeg Karlsen
- Teacher Education as Pedagogical Practices - Contact Rolf K. Baltzersen
- Early Childhood Studies (0-3 years) - Contact Ninni Sandvik
- Politics, Religion, Ideology and Society in Education (PRIS) - Contact Nicola Kristin Karcher
- Special Education Reaserch - Contact Tor Freyr
- Quality and Relevance in Vocational Rraining Education - Contact Anne Beate Reinertsen
- Young Children and Beginner's Education - Contact Christian Bjerke
Several of the department's professional staff are also involved in external research groups; at other departments at Østfold University College or in external research groups.
In addition to the research groups, the department participate in both of the university's R&D priority areas:
The departement had the main responisibility for one of the university's earlier R&D priority area: A school for the knowledge society: knowledge development for 5-year teacher education (SKuL). Please contact professor Hilde Wågsås Afdal for more information about SKuL.