Roswitha Maria Berta King
Avdeling for økonomi, språk og samfunnsfagFørsteamanuensis Tlf. arbeid: 69608293 email@example.com
Grad:Doktorgrad / Ph.D.
Ph.D., Economics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA, 1998.
Dissertation Advisor: Prof. Leonid Hurwicz.
Doctoral Thesis: “An Analytical Comparison of Alternative Arbitration Schemes”
- Økonomi og administrasjon:
Ongoing research projects
- Causes and consequences of east-west migration in Europe (with emphasis on the Western Balkan States as migration source countries)
- Macroeconomic development in transition economies of Eastern Europe (with emplhasis on structural change)
- Eastward expansion of the European Union
Externally funded research projects completed
- International Research Project financed by the European Commission’s 6th Framework Programme on Research, Technological Development and Demonstration: Marie Curie Action: Research Training Network FP6-2005-Mobility-1: Project Acronym TOM: Proposal Number 035873 – TOM.
Project Title: \"Transnationality of Migrants: Enduring ties with the home country and integration in the host country\". Project Duration 2007 – 2011.
- Book Project (Author): „Einführung in die Volkswirtschaft Deutschlands.“
Funded by Land Nordrhein-Westfalen of the Federal Republic of Germany; 2002/2003.
- Research Project: “An Analytical Comparison of Alternative Forms of Public Bureaucracy”. Funded by CERGE-EI Foundation under a program of the World Bank’s Global Development Network; 2000/2001.
Cristin (Current Research Information System in Norway):https://wo.cristin.no/as/WebObjects/cristin.woa/wa/personVis?type=PERSON&pnr=330926&la=no&instnr=224
- \"Does emigration reduce corruption?\" (with Artjoms Ivlevs). Public Choice. Vol. 171 (2017), 389-408.
- \"Industrial Structure and Jobless Growth in Transition Economies\" (with Trond-Arne Borgersen). Post-Communist Economies. Vol. 28 No. 4 (2016), 520-536.
- \"Kosovo - winning its independence but losing its people? Evidence on emigration intentions.\" (with Artjoms Ivlevs). International Migration. Vol. 53 No. 5 (2015), 84-103.
- \"Endogenous supply side constraints to export-led growth and aggregate growth implications in transition economies\" (with Trond-Arne Borgersen). Structural Change and Economic Dynamics. Vol. 33 (2015), 96-109.
- \"Export-Led Growth in Transition Economies: The role of industrial structure, productivity growth differentials and cross-sectoral subsidies\". (with Trond-Arne Borgersen). Eastern European Economics. Vol. 32 No.3 (2014), 33-54.
- \"Structural Origins of Debt-Sustainability in Mature and Transition Economies: Domar, Balassa-Samuelson and Maastricht\" (with Trond-Arne Borgersen), Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Vol. 30 (2014): 101-119.
- \"2004 Minority Education Reform and Pupil Performance in Latvia\" (with Artjoms Ivlevs), Economics of Education Review, Vol. 38 (2014): 151-166.
- “Relating Debt to Inflation among Transition Economies – A Blueprint from Mature Economies?”(wity Trond-Arne Borgersen), Comparative Economic Studies, Vol. 55 (2013): 606-635.
- \"Does More Schooling Make You Run for the Border? Evidence from Post-Independence Kosovo\" (with Artjoms Ivlevs), Journal of Development Studies, Vol. 48, No 8 (2012), 1108-1120.
- \"Family Migration Capital and Migration Intentions\" (with Artjoms Ivlevs), Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Vol.33, No. 1 (2012), 118-129.
- \"Perspectives on Interdisciplinarity in Academia\", Chapter in Antology Interdisciplinarity in Social Sciences: Does it provide answers to challenges in nowadays\' education and research? University of Latvia Press (2012), 102-112.
- “From Immigrants to (non-) citizens: Political Economy of Naturalizations in Latvia.” (with Artjoms Ivlevs), IZA Journal of Migration, Vol.1 No. 14 (2012), 1-23.
- \"Conversations with Civil Servants: East European Public Administration Reform in Search of Socio-Economic Development\", Book chapter in: \"Socio-Economic Integration: Limits and Prospects\", G. M. Korres & G. O. Tsobanoglou (eds) (2012), 112-131. Publisher: Springer
- \"Together or apart? Attitudes towards multi-ethnic state and ethnically mixed dommunities in post-independence Kosovo. (with Artjoms Ivlevs). In: Catarina Ruggeri Laderchi and Sara Savastano (eds.), Poverty and Exclusion in the Western Balkans - New Directions in Measurement and Policy. (2012), 203-219. Springer Press.
- \"Reallocation and restructuring: A generalization of the Balassa-Samuelson effet\" (with Trond-Arne Borgersen), Structural Change and Economic Dynamics (2011). Vol. 22: 287-298
- .Inflation in Latvia: How Real is it?\" (with Trond-Arne Borgersen), Eastern European Economics, Vol. 49, No. 3, (2011), 26-53.
- \"The International Reserves Issue in the EMU\" (with Jørgen-Drud Hansen and Virmantas Kvedaras), Open Economies Review, Vol. 22 No. 1 (2011), 143-161.
- “When the Market does not Deliver: An Inclusive Growth Experiment Gone Wrong”. In: The Economics of Wealth in the 21st Century. Jason M. Gonzalez (ed.), Nova Science Pub. Inc., (January 2011). Chapter 2.
- “Regional Business Development Policy in Central and Eastern Europe: A Mechanism Design Perspective”. Review of Economic Design., Vol. 14, No. 1-2, (March 2010) 221-242.
- “Serving Whom? Civil Service Reform in Selected Eastern European Countries” (with Anna Belova and Artjom Ivlevs), in Administrative Set-Up and Approaches to Reform in Small and Medium Countries: A Civil Service Perspective, editor: Rohit Raj Mathur, ICFAI University Press, India. (2009), 87-98.
- \"How to cut the Seignorage Cake into Fair Shares in an Enlarged EMU\" (with Jørgen-Drud Hansen), Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol.45, No. 5 (2007), 999-1010.
● Member of the Board of Directors of the Faculty of Economics, Languages and Social Sciences of Østfold University College, Halden, Norway. June 2008 – December 2012.
● Member of the Board of Directors of the Latvian-Norwegian Doctoral Program (Economics) “Latvijas Doktorati Norvegija”, Høgskolen i Agder and University of Latvia, 2003-2006.
Råd og utvalg:
● Member of the Research and Development Committee (FoU utvalg), Faculty of Economics, Languages an Social Science, Østfold University College; since January 2017.
● Chair of the Research and Development Committee (FoU utvalg), Faculty of Economics, Languages and Social Sciences, Østfold University College; January 1, 2017 - July 30, 2017.
Member of the Central Research and Development Committee (Sentral FoU utvalg), Østfold University College; January 1, 2007 - July 30, 2017.
● Member of the Teaching and Learning Quality Committee (LUKU), Faculty of Economics, Languages and Social Science, Østfold University College; since August 2016.
● Member of International Evaluation Commissions for the Latvian Higher Education Quality Assurance Centre. 2001 - 2005.
● Chair of State Examination Committee, Mathematical Economics Department, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia. 2001 - 2006.
● Chair of Bachelor Thesis Defence Committee, Mathematical Economics Department, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia. 2001 - 2006.
● Member of the Scholarship Selection Committee of Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), German Embassy, Riga, Latvia, 2000 - 2005.
● Research Leader, Faculty of Economics, Languages and Social Science, Østfold University College; since January 1, 2017.
● Leader of research group "Applied Economics" (Forskergruppe i Anvendt Samfunnsøkonomi), Østfold University College: since January 2015.
● Head of the International Business Program, Faculty of Economics, Languages and Social Science, Østfold University College; August 2016 - July 2017.
● Member of the Center for European and Transition Studies, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia; since April 5, 2005.
● Founding Member of the European Roundtable, Centre for European and Transition Studies, University of Latvia, Riga, Latvia. 2004 - 2006.