What we do: we work on research projects, we go to conferences and present, we invite researchers, we organise guest lectures and student excursions.
Digital entrepreneurship in the Nordic sharing economy
Between 2018 and 2019, Mehtap Aldogan Eklund, Bjørnar Karlsen Kivedal and Birgit Leick have been working on the exploratory, own-funded research project Digital entrepreneurs: Exploring the sharing economy from a Nordic perspective. The project explores the sharing economy in Nordic countries with a focus on local economies. A follow-up project is planned for the spring of 2020.
- Leick, B.; Eklund, M.A.; Kivedal, B.K. (2020), Digital Entrepreneurs in the Sharing Economy: A Case Study on Airbnb and Regional Economic Development in Norway. in: Strømmen, Bakhtiar, A. & Vinogradov, E. (eds.). The Impact of the Sharing Economy on Business and Society. Digital Transformation and the Rise of Platform Businesses. First edition, forthcoming.
- Vinogradov, E.; Kivedal, B.K.; Leick, B. (2020), An agent-based modelling approach to housing market regulations and Airbnb-induced tourism. Accepted in Tourism Management.
Contact: Birgit Leick
Scandinavian Management and Emerging Economies
Between 2019 and 2021, Lana Berglund and Irina Roddvik will work together with colleagues from the research group China-Norway Research Network on a EURASIA-funded project Scandinavian Management and Emerging Economies: A Learning Exchange (SMALE).
Contact: Lana Berglund
UTFORSK Combining course attendance and student participation in research: Understanding public health inequity through cultures
Geir C. Tufte and Lana Berglund work in this project, co-financed by Diku (project number: UTF-2018-two-year/100/10), HiØ and Hebei Geo University, China. The main goals are:
- Conduct a research project concerning comparative research methodology, where bachelor students in China and Norway participate as students in the course SFB13009 Meeting among Cultures at ØUC.
- Establish a long-term educational partnership between HGU and ØUC.
- Develop long-term student mobility between HGU (China) and ØUC (Norway).
- Research results are presented for the benefit of non-academic partner.
Expected results will be: 4 Chinese and 4 Norwegian students obtain ECTS from SFB13009 Meetings among Cultures; a publication (Level 1 or 2) summarizing research and educational outcomes (2021); educational partnership and academic cooperation between HGU and ØUC.
Contact: Geir Conrad Tufte