Imtiaz BadshahAvdeling for økonomi, språk og samfunnsfag
Accounting, Finance, Governance and Reforms
Global Markets and Institutions: Fundamental of financial markets; Fundamental of financial institutions; central banking and monetary policy; financial markets such as money market, bond markets, stock markets, mortgage markets, foreign exchange markets; banking and the management of financial institutions; mutual fund industry, insurance companies and pension funds; risk management in financial institutions; hedging with financial derivatives.
Book Followed: Mishkin, F. S and Eakins, S. G. (2015) Financial markets and institutions 8th ed. Pearson.
Financial Accounting: Basic financial statements; the accounting cycle; accruals and deferrals; reporting financial results; merchandising activities (perpetual inventory system and periodic inventory system); valuation of financial assets; inventories and the cost of goods sold (specific identification method, average method, FIFO, LIFO); plant and intangible asset and their depreciation; liabilities; stockholders equity; paid-in capital; financial statement analysis
Book Followed: Williams, J. R., Haka, S. F. and Bettner, M. S. Financial and managerial accounting: the basis for Business Decisions, Ed. 13th.
Horngren, Sundem, Elliott and Philbrick (2013). Introduction to Financial Accounting. 11th edition.
Management Accounting: costs terms and purposes; Cost-volume-profit analysis; job costing; activity-based costing (ABC) and activity based management; master budget and responsibility accounting; flexible budgets, direct-cost variances, management control; flexible budget, overhead cost variances, and management control; inventory costing and capacity analysis; pricing decisions and cost management; strategy, balanced scorecard, and strategic profitability analysis
Book Followed: Horngren, C. T., Datar, S. M., Foster, G., and Rajan, M. V. (2012) Cost Accounting: A managerial emphasis, Global Edition
Intermediate Accounting: financial accounting and accounting standards; the accounting information system; income statement and related information (special reporting issues); balance sheet and statement of cash flows (techniques of disclosure); accounting and time value of money; cash and receivables; valuation of inventories; acquisition and disposition of property, plant, and equipment; depreciation, impairments, and depletion, intangible assets
Book Followed: Kieso, D. E., Weygandt, J. J. and Warfield, T. D (2010) Intermediate Accounting, 13th Ed, publisher: George Hoffman
Financial Management: 10 principles of financial management; understanding financial statements, taxes, and cash flows; evaluating a firm’s financial performance; financial forecasting, planning, and budgeting; valuation of financial assets (time value of money); risk and rates of return; valuation and characteristics of bonds; stock valuation; capital budgeting decision criteria (payback period, net present value, profitability index, internal rate of return); free cash flows; capital budgeting and risk analysis
Book Followed): Keown, A. J, Martin, J. D., Petty, J. W. and Scott, Jr. D. F. Financial Management: principles and appreciations, 10th Edition.
Imtiaz Badshah is currently working an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Business, Languages, and Social Sciences, Østfold University College (HiØ), Norway. Earlier, Mr. Badshah worked as an Assistant Professor in NUST Business School (NBS), National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Mr. Badshah has obtained his PhD in Accounting from Nord University Business School, Nord University Norway. Mr. Badshah worked as academic specialist with Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan to access the competence of universities for awarding degrees. Mr. Badshah obtained PhD degree in Accounting from Nord University Business School, University of Nord (earlier named as University of Nordland) Norway. He holds MPhil degree from the Department of Administration and Organization Theory, University of Bergen Norway with focus on public administration and organization theory. Prior to that Mr. Badshah obtained a master degree from Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad Pakistan in Public Administration.
Research: Public Administration, Organization theories, policy, governance and reforms, Management accounting, financial accounting, financial management, and global markets and institutions are of my teaching and research areas.
<Navn og eventuelt lenke til pris 1>
<Navn og eventuelt lenke til pris 2>
Teaching and Research Position
a) Associate professor, Associate Professor, Faculty of Business, Languages, and Social Sciences Østfold University College (HiØ) Norway (August, 2017….)
b) Assistant professor, NUST Business School, National University of Science and Technology (NUST) Islamabad, Pakistan (Feb, 2014…July, 2017)
c) Assistant Professor (Visiting), Quaid-i-Azam School of Management Sciences, Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad, Pakistan (Feb, 2014---Dec, 2016)
d) Assistant Professor (visiting), National Defense University (NDU), Islamabad (September, 2015---August 2016)
e) Hovedlærer (main teacher): Course Name: BE 208E Business Analysis (Financial Accounting, Management Accounting) Bodø Graduate School of Business, University of Nordland
a) Program Coordinator for Business Analysis: Faculty of Business, Languages, and Social Sciences, University College Østfold, Norway. (August, 2017….)
b) PhD Coordinator in NUST Business School (January, 2015---July, 2017)): Liaison between PhD students, supervisors and administration.
c) Academic Expert (March, 2016-----July, 2017): I worked with Higher Education Commission (HEC) as an Academic Expert to visit universities to evaluate their programs for awarding NOC to start academic programs.
- Dr. Khalifa Jaber: College of Business Administration, Al Falah University, United Arab Emirates; Email: email@example.com
- Konstantin Timoshenko, Associate Professor at Nord University Business School, Bodø, Norway. He has a PhD in Accounting from Nord University Business School, Bodø, Norway.
- Ishtiaq Jamil, Associate professor, Department of Administration and Organizaiton Theory, University of Bergen Norway
- Lin Zhijun: professor Dean of School of Business, Macau University of Science and Technology, China; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Amira Khattak: Assistan Professor at Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Mohammand Ibrahim Khan: Assistan Professor, Institute of Business and Leadership Studies, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan, Pakistan, Email: email@example.com
- Badshah, Imtiaz; Ahmad, Maaheen & Jaber, Khalifa (2019). Are Interest Rates Alone Enough to Understand Stock Returns in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan?. International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies (IJEPEE). ISSN 1752-0452. Vis sammendrag
- Timochenko, Konstantin Yurievich; Kuruppu, Gowindage Chamara Jayanath; Badshah, Imtiaz & Ambalangodage, Dayananda (2019). A Systems Approach to Comprehend Public Sector (Government) Accounting, In Tatiana Antipova (ed.), Integrated Science in Digital Age (ICIS 2019). Springer. ISBN 978-3-030-22493-6. 6. s 50 - 59 Vis sammendrag
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Mellemvik, Frode (2018). Development of Accounting and financial reporting practices in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, In Zhijun Lin (ed.), The Routledge handbook of accounting in Asia. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-18903-4. Chapter 4. s 67 - 82
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Timochenko, Konstantin Yurievich (2018). Civil Service Reforms in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan: Progress So Far, Implementation Barriers and Challenges, In Ishtiaq Jamil; Teknath Dhakal & Narendra Raj Paudel (ed.), Civil Service Management and Administrative Systems in South Asia. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-3-319-90191-6. 7. s 149 - 172 Vis sammendrag
- Abbas, Muhammad & Badshah, Imtiaz (2017). Institutional Investment and Stock Returns Volatility at Pakistan Stock Exchange (PSX). FWU Journal of Social Sciences. ISSN 1995-1272. 11(1), s 219- 229 Vis sammendrag
- Maroof, Lubna; Javid, Attiya Jasmin & Badshah, Imtiaz (2017). Do Mutual Funds Remain Persitent? Evidence from Pakistan. South Asian Journal of Management Sciences. ISSN 2410-8537. 11(1), s 60- 75 Fulltekst i vitenarkiv. Vis sammendrag
- Sarfraz, Muhammad; Nisar, Qasim Ali; Ali, Irfan & Badshah, Imtiaz (2015). Factors causing strategic objective failure: an empirical study in the public sector universities of Pakistan. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies. ISSN 2028-9324. 12(2), s 512- 517
- Badshah, Imtiaz; Mellemvik, Frode & Timoshenko, Konstantin (2013). Accounting from Religious Perspective: a Case of the central government accounting in Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Asian Economic and Financial Review. ISSN 2305-2147. 3(2), s 243- 258
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Mellemvik, Frode (2012). Philosophical Debate to Study the Development of Central Government Accounting in Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Nepalese Journal of Public Policy and Governance. ISSN 2091-0215. XXXI(2), s 60- 75
- Timochenko, Konstantin Yurievich; Kuruppu, Gowindage Chamara Jayanath; Badshah, Imtiaz & Ambalangodage, Dayananda (2019). A Systems Approach to Comprehend Public Sector (Government) Accounting. Vis sammendrag
- Badshah, Imtiaz (2018). Activity Based Costing (ABC) and Just-in-Time Inventory Management system.
- Badshah, Imtiaz (2018). Digitalization of Accounting.
- Badshah, Imtiaz (2018). Institutional Investment, Stock Returns Volatility and Stocks Liquidity in Dividend Paying Versus Non-Dividend Paying Firms: Evidence from Pakistan Stock Exchange.
- Badshah, Imtiaz; Ahmad, Maaheen & Rehman, Ijaz Ur (2018). Are Interest Rates enough to Understand Stock Returns in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan?.
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Borgersen, Trond-Arne (2018). Exchange rate strategies among SMB exporters - A literature review of exchange rate pass-through and hedging of exchange rate risk. Do SMBs behave according to theory?.
- Badshah, Imtiaz; Khan, Muhammad Ibrahim; Jalil, Zunaira & Khattak, Amira (2018). Behavioral Issues and Investor’s Decision Making: A case study of the Pakistan Stock Exchange.
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Mustafa, Ghulam (2018). The dilemma of the effectiveness of performance appraisal in the civil service of Pakistan.
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Mustafa, Ghulam (2018). The dilemma of the effectiveness of performance appraisal in the civil service of Pakistan. Vis sammendrag
- Shear, Falik; Butt, Hilal Anwar & Badshah, Imtiaz (2017). An Analysis of the Relationship Between the Sovereign Credit Default Swaps and the Stock market of Pakistan Through Handling Outliers.
- Abbas, Muhammad & Badshah, Imtiaz (2016). Dividend Payout and Liquidity in Karachi Stock Exchange.
- Badshah, Imtiaz & Abbas, Muhammad (2015). Preferences of institutional investors in Karachi Stock Exchange.
- Badshah, Imtiaz (2011). Accounting from Religious Perspective: A Case of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.