Mehtap Aldogan EklundAvdeling for økonomi, språk og samfunnsfag
Kontor / Office: A3-059
Financial and Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Financial Management, Corporate Governance, CEO Compensation, Academic Entrepreneurship, Digital and Online Education
Courses Taught, Bachelor and Master Level:
- International Finance (Bachelor Level)
- Managerial Accounting (Bachelor Level)
- Financial Management and Corporate Finance (Master Level)
- Financial Statement Analysis (Bachelor Level)
- Financial Performance Management (Master Level)
She is an Associate Professor, and she lectures International Finance course at Østfold University College. After her Ph.D., she has become a regional governance partner at International Center for Corporate Governance (ICfCG) and Swiss Board School in Switzerland. She has lectured various on-campus and online Financial and Managerial Accounting and Finance courses at Helsinki Business School (HELBUS) in Helsinki, ISM (International School of Management) in Paris, Sabanci University in Istanbul, and the University of Roehampton Online in London. During her Ph.D., she worked at the University of St. Gallen and University of Lucerne, ASA in Switzerland. She is currently an online lecturer at Atlantic Business School in the USA, as well.
Before starting Ph.D., she worked seven years as an Auditor at Deloitte and Ernst & Young in Turkey, the Caribbean, the USA, and Luxembourg.
She has supervised Master thesis and Applied Research Projects in the area of Accounting and Corporate Governance. Her articles on Financial Accounting (IFRS convergence) and Managerial Accounting were published in the international peer-reviewed journals. She is also an ad hoc reviewer in top tier Corporate Governance Journals.
@Linkedin: Mehtap Aldogan Eklund
- Ph.D. in Accounting and International Business (Corporate Governance), University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Master in Accounting and Finance (in English), Marmara University, Istanbul
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, Marmara University, Istanbul
- Associate Professor (Førsteamanuensis) in Accounting and Auditing (Regnskap og revisjon)
- International Coordinator for External Cooperation at the Department of Business
- Deputy Leader of China-Norway Researcher Network (CNRN)
- Deputy Leader of Bus-Gov Research Group, Responsible for Governance Section
- Swiss Institute of Directors (Associate Member)
- International Center for Corporate Governance (ICfCG) (Regional Governance Partner)
- Swiss Board School (Associate Member)
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap; Austill, David & Kocakulah, Mehmet C. (2014). The Excellence of Activity-Based Costing in Cost Calculation: Case Study of a Private Hospital in Turkey. Journal of Health Care Finance. ISSN 1078-6767. 41(1), s 1- 27
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap; Kocakulah, Mehmet C.; Simga-Mugan, Can & Hosal-Akman, Nazli (2009). Growing Tendency to Harmonization with IFRS: Some Evidence from Turkey. International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting. ISSN 1753-6715. 1(4)
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2005). The Impact of Non-Audit Services on Institutional Investors' Perception of Auditor Independence: Evidence from Turkey. Oneri Dergisi (Journal of Marmara University). ISSN 1300-0845. 24(6), s 197- 201
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2019). Do the Systematic Risk and Corporate Governance Indicators Influence the Executive Compensation?.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2019). Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Score and its impact on CEO Compensation: Evidence From Switzerland.
- Berglund, Lana & Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2019). Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Social Responsibility: An Example of The Military Personnel and Family Members In Ukraine. Nord universitet / FoU-rapport. 43.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2018). 11th Partners' Network Meeting,.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2018). Managerial Accounting.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2017). Financial Management and Corporate Finance.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2017). Globalization, Digitalization, University Governance, and Education Quality in Higher Education Institutions: A Comparative Study.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap; Hilb, Martin & Gantenbein, Pascal (2015). CEO Compensation of Listed Companies in Switzerland: Empirical Studies on Firm Financial Performances, Risk,and Peer Group Comparisons.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2014). Compliance with Compensation Disclosure and Firm’s Future Market Performance with the Moderating Effects of Corporate Governance: Evidence from Switzerland.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap; Kocakullah, Mehmet & Austill, David (2012). Bankruptcy Prediction, Financial Analysis and Auditor's Opinion on Going Concern: Evidence from Greek Banks.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2011). Female Directors on Corporate Boards and Female Top Managers in the Companies in National 100 Index, Istanbul Stock Exchange.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2010). Remuneration Index: Quality of the Remuneration Disclosure in Swiss Firms During Last 10 Years.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap & Kocakulah, Mehmet C. (2007). Growing Tendency to Harmonization of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) - Evidence from Turkey.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2006). The Impacts of Recent Audit Failures on Investors' Perceptions of Auditor Independence: Evidence from Turkey.
- Aldogan Eklund, Mehtap (2004). The Impacts of Non-Audit Services (NAS) and Recent Audit Failures on Investors' Perceptions of Auditor Independence.