Study permits and registering with the police

Students from EU/EEA/Switzerland

Students from the EU/EEA/Switzerland must register with the police when arriving in Norway.

Students from non-EU/EEA countries

Students from outside the EU/EEA must apply for a residence permit immediately after receiving their Admission letter.

The National Registry

Students that stay in Norway for more than six months are required to register in the National Registry and get a Norwegian national identity number.

Published June 19, 2018 12:30 PM - Last modified Aug. 15, 2018 9:11 AM