Teacher Reading Circle
Join our international group of teachers and education students as we explore young adult graphic novels for the literacy classroom.
- What: Free co-facilitated reading group in English
- Who: All teachers of English and teacher education students (limit 30)
- When: Spring term 2022
5 Wednesdays from 18:30-20:00 (GMT +1) and 12:30-2 pm (EST) online via Zoom
- Topic: American Graphic Novels
Meetings will be informal conversation co-facilitated by Dr. Michelle Jewett, Fulbright Roving Scholar of American Studies with Østfold University College in Norway and Dr. Jessica Apgar, Assistant Professor of Special Education with University of Maine at Farmington, USA.
- For registration and/or questions contact: Michelle Jewett
Overview of meetings and books:
- Wednesday January 12th: Meet and preview the books. No reading.
- Wednesday February 2nd: Long Way Down: The Graphic Novel by Jason Reynolds, Illustrated by Danica Novgorodoff.
- Wednesday March 2nd: The Magic Fish written and illustrated by Trung Le Nguyen
- Wednesday April 6th: Dragon Hoops written and illustrated by Gene Luen Yang
- Wednesday May 4th: Speak: The Graphic Novel by Laurie Halse Anderson, Illustrated by Emily Carroll