Fakta om emnet
- Ansvarlig avdeling:
- Fakultet for informasjonsteknologi, ingeniørfag og økonomi
- Irina Nikolskaja Roddvik
- Irina Nikolskaja Roddvik
- ½ år
SFB11514 International Marketing (Høst 2021)
Emnet er tilknyttet følgende studieprogram
Compulsory for students on
- the Business Administration Programme specializing in International Business
Optional for students on
- Bachelor in International Communication
The course is based on Marketing and Business Strategy (10 ECTS). Basic knowledge of marketing is preferable, but not a prerequisite.
5th semester (autumn)
Studentens læringsutbytte etter bestått emne
- The course introduces the terms and conditions affecting business operations of international companies.
- Students will understand and be able to use the marketing management process directed at international markets.
- They will further be able to develop intercultural awareness and insight into adaptation to international markets.
- Finally it will give students practice in accomplishing concrete decision-making tasks and solving problems in international strategic marketing planning, based on case studies and experiences in academic writing
The planning process in international marketing is central to the course:
- Analysis of market potential
- Choice of country and markets
- Choice of marketing strategy regarding geographical expansion, positioning and market entry
- Adaptation of product, price and communication mix to multinational environments
Other topics are:
- International competitiveness and the internationalisation process
- Distribution channels abroad
- Mapping international environments
- Cultural adaptation
- E-marketing in the global market
- Selected problems from export financing and export logistics
- Export promotion policies
A global market perspective is the point of departure although with a certain focus on the European countries as the main market region for Norwegian companies.
Undervisnings- og læringsformer
Lectures, seminar/webinar, group work, tutorials. The course is taught in English.
The course will give the student approximately 280 hours of work.
Arbeidskrav - vilkår for å avlegge eksamen
Two group assignments must be submitted and approved before signing up for the final exam. Different types of assignments can be used in the course (for example, case studies, theoretical tasks, or seminar papers).
A 4-hour written individual examination.
The examination may be written in English or Norwegian.
Aids permitted: Mother tongue-English-mother tongue dictionary.
One internal and one external examiner or two internal examiners.
Evaluering av emnet
To improve the course, we need the evaluations from the students. The course is evaluated once each semester.
The evaluations from the students are treated by the staff and the committee for programme quality.
The readinglist was last updated 25.02.2018.
Hollensen, Svend (2017 or later ed). Global marketing. 7th ed. Pearson. 825 pages.
Other recommended readings: Keegan, Warren J.; Green, Mark C. (2017 or later ed.). Global marketing. 9th ed. Pearson. 624 pages.
Kotler, Philip; Armstrong, Gary (2016). Principles of marketing. 16th ed. Pearson. 736 pages.
Kotler, Philip; Keller, Kevin Lane (2016). Markedsføringsledelse. Gyldendal Akademisk. 982 pages.
Cateora, Philip R.; Graham, John; Gilly, Mary C. (2016 or later ed.): International Marketing. 17th ed. McGraw Hill Education. 704 p.