Courses for exchange students
Østfold University College has a number of courses taught in English offered to exchange students. In addition to our courses taught in English, we offer online courses in German, French and Spanish.
How to choose courses?
Credits per semester: 30 ECTS (studiepoeng)
Courses per semester: 2 or 3 depending on the credits
Students should choose courses relevant to their academic background and consult their home coordinator before applying. We recommend that you apply for courses from the same faculty to ensure that you avoid any clashes in your timetable. Further down you will find suggested course combinations.
You can read about the prerequisites and course requirements in the course descriptions. In order to take master-level courses, you must meet the admission requirements for the corresponding master's degree programmes.
Please note that the courses at the Norwegian Theatre Academy have limited places. For the spring 2020 semester, the Norwegian Theatre Academy is only accepting exchange student applications within the Bachelor programme in Scenography.
All of our faculties provide courses offered in English apart from our Faculty of Health and Welfare in Fredrikstad that offers 3 months’ practical placements for students in nursing, social work, child welfare or social educator training.
Course catalogue 2020/2021
Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences, Campus Halden
Faculty of Computer Sciences, Campus Halden
Faculty of Education, Campus Halden
Faculty of Engineering, Campus Fredrikstad
Norwegian Theatre Academy, Campus Fredrikstad
Suggested course combinations
The Faculty of Education and Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences offer the following course combinations:
- Nordic Citizenship (Faculty of Education)
- International Business Program (Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences)
- Communication, Marketing and Media studies (Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences)
- Political Science and Cultural Studies (Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences)
- One-year programme in English (Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences)
- English Extension Courses (Faculty of Business, Languages and Social Sciences)